Recorded Webinar from August 23, 2012
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP welcomes you to a complimentary webinar, “Third-Party Pre-Grant Prior Art Submissions Under the America Invents Act,” presented by Amanda L. Lowerre. The webinar will take place on Thursday, August 23, 2012, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
Further provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA) go into effect on September 16, 2012. In the past several weeks, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued rules governing some of the new AIA procedures. In this webinar, we will discuss some of the final rules and implementation of these provisions of AIA, including
• the expanded opportunity for a third party to file prior art submissions into a pending application, and whether such submissions might be a desirable option for you or your client;
• the expanded rules permitting citation of prior art in a patent file under section 301; and
• how you or your competitors might use the new AIA provisions in pending applications and issued patents.
Last week, the USPTO issued additional rules governing post-grant review, the inventor’s oath or declaration, supplemental examination, inter partes review, and covered business method review provisions. These new rules will also go into effect on September 16. During our webinar, we will examine some of these additional AIA provisions as well.
Our speaker will be Fitch Even attorney Amanda L. Lowerre, who focuses her IP law practice primarily on patent prosecution, licensing, and business methods, with an emphasis on mechanical technologies. Amanda helps clients leverage their IP assets by developing global prosecution strategies that fit with each company’s needs and goals.
- Understanding the Limits of Your Patent: An Overview of Claim Construction for Prosecution and LitigationFitch Even Webinar: June 27, 2013 Read more
- IP Alert | Federal Circuit Issues Decision in Bosch v. PylonJune 17, 2013 Read more