March 28, 2017
Fitch Even partners Stephen S. Favakeh and Alan E. Schiavelli will present a half-day seminar, “Practical Advice for Overcoming Hurdles in U.S. Prosecution, and Strategies for Creating Prosecution Hurdles for Competitors,” on April 6, 2017, at the Kanazawa Institute of Technology in Tokyo, Japan. The seminar will be presented in conjunction with AIPPI Japan, a national group of AIPPI (the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property).
During the seminar, Steve and Al will discuss the following topics, drawing from Fitch Even’s experience in these areas:
- Amending patent application claims: A comparison of U.S. and European Practices
- Practical advice for overcoming prior art rejections under 35 U.S.C. § 103
- Understanding 35 U.S.C. § 102 post-AIA: Prior art exceptions and declaration practice
- Filing third-party submissions with the USPTO
- Important developments in U.S. case law
The presentation will be followed by a question-and-answer session and a networking reception.
- IP Alert | Federal Circuit Settles Patent Marking IssueDecember 7, 2017 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Adopts Privilege Rule for Patent Agents and Foreign AttorneysNovember 21, 2017 Read more