Fitch Even Webinar: November 29, 2017
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “The Ubiquitous Problem of Inherency in Obviousness: Southwire Co. v. Cerro Wire, LLC,” on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, at 9:00 am PST / 10:00 am MST / 11:00 am CST / 12 noon EST.
Obviousness challenges tied to the doctrine of inherency can arise during various stages in the patent life cycle, including patent prosecution, post-issuance proceedings, and litigation. Despite how frequently these challenges occur, the law applicable in this area has been less than clear. While recent case law has helped to provide clarification, the Southwire case illustrates that overcoming inherency-based obviousness arguments does not always result in a win for the applicant or patentee.
Our webinar will explore these topics and more:
- The nature of obviousness contentions based on inherency
- Practice pointers in applying the doctrine of Southwire and other recent cases
- Hypothetical examples showing how to demonstrate patentability
Our speaker will be Fitch Even attorney Giles N. Turner. Giles’s practice focus is on U.S. and international patent preparation and prosecution, assisting clients working in technical areas including semiconductors, chemical engineering, energy, material science, textiles, biotechnology, and mechanical arts, among others.
A recording of this webinar is available through November 28, 2018.
- IP Alert | Federal Circuit Settles Patent Marking IssueDecember 7, 2017 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Adopts Privilege Rule for Patent Agents and Foreign AttorneysNovember 21, 2017 Read more