Fitch Even Webinar: October 29, 2020
Please join Fitch Even for a free webinar, “Aftermarket, Not Afterthought: Patent Strategies for Protecting Aftermarket Parts,” on October 29, 2020, at 9 am PDT / 10 am MDT / 11 am CDT / 12 noon EDT.
Aftermarket parts for a product such as a vehicle or large machine can provide an important revenue stream for the product manufacturer. Aftermarket parts sales are often highly profitable for the manufacturer, which invites will-fitters to sell their own aftermarket parts. These competing parts may not only negatively impact the manufacturer’s sales, but may cause safety and warranty concerns due to potential quality issues.
This webinar will provide approaches for cost-effectively protecting aftermarket parts, including these tactics:
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications to develop a strong portfolio focused on aftermarket parts
- Integrating business input into the patent life cycle
- Detecting and stopping will-fitters
- Creating non-patent challenges for will-fitters
Jon focuses his practice on developing and managing patent portfolios in the U.S. and abroad. He works with each client to create a comprehensive patent strategy through skilled patent prosecution, freedom-to-operate opinions, patent design-arounds, competitive technology analysis, and a keen understanding of their business. Jon advises clients in the mining, commercial vehicle, rail, heat transfer, and industrial IoT device fields.
Jackie assists clients with patent preparation and prosecution, product clearance and legal opinions, and IP litigation. She leverages her hands-on engineering experience to better serve clients working in the chemical engineering, food science, mechanical engineering, and biomedical engineering industries, among others.
CLE credit has been approved for California, Illinois, and Nebraska. Other states may also award CLE credit upon attendee request. There is no fee to attend, but please note registration is required.
To reserve your place, please REGISTER HERE.
- Fitch Even Launches Back 2 School Illinois FundraiserOctober 15, 2020 Read more
- Aftermarket, Not Afterthought: Patent Strategies for Protecting Aftermarket PartsFitch Even Webinar: October 29, 2020 Read more