April 25, 2012
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP welcomes you to a complimentary webinar, “Trademark Protection Strategies in Social Media,” presented by Joseph T. Nabor. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
Eight years ago, Facebook did not yet exist. Today, there are an estimated 400 million users who share more than 5 billion pieces of content including photos, notes, and links every week. There are upwards of 1.5 million businesses with active pages on Facebook, and more than 20 million people become fans of various pages each day. And that’s just Facebook; there are also LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and other forms of social media to consider.
All this activity can be a brand manager’s dream come true—or a trademark holder’s nightmare. To help sort out some of the most important issues, this webinar will explore the following topics:
- Exposure of trademarks on social media sites
- Monitoring and enforcement against trademark infringement on social media sites
- Creating a social media policy
- Using social media in litigation support
- Ethics issues in social media
Our speaker will be Fitch Even partner Joseph T. Nabor. Joe oversees Fitch Even's Trademark and Copyright practice group and has extensive experience in both domestic and international trademark prosecution, as well as litigation. He also regularly counsels clients on brand development strategies, including securing trademark rights throughout the world, and assists with the enforcement and protection of rights developed under the copyright laws of all international jurisdictions.
- The Latest Changes in Copyrights & TrademarksFitch Even Webinar: November 2, 2023 Read more
- Fitch Even Recognized as a Top Firm in PTAB PracticeSeptember 18, 2023 Read more