April 30, 2014
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, "Intellectual Property as Business Asset: Where Is the Value and How Do You Find It?", presented by Karl R. Fink. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, April 30, 2014, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
The constantly changing landscape of intellectual property law is dizzying, but the answer to the fundamental question of where is the value of intellectual property—and how do you find it—is always at the back of our minds. This presentation will review, considering the current state of the law, where the value of intellectual property is found, or not found, and will provide suggestions on determining whether a business, or its products and services, could benefit from intellectual property protection.
During the webinar, we will discuss these topics and more:
- What do patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights protect?
- What kinds of intellectual property are valuable, and why?
- What kinds of enterprises realize substantial economic value from intellectual property, and why?
- How do you determine whether a product or service should be protected with intellectual property?
Our speaker will be Fitch Even partner Karl R. Fink. Karl has been a trial lawyer since 1981, handling hundreds of lawsuits in state and federal courts across the country. His practice includes all aspects of intellectual property litigation, creation, management, enforcement and licensing, with particular emphasis on patent litigation.
IP Alert | Post-Decision Certificate of Correction Held Inapplicable in IPR ProceedingFebruary 13, 2020
The PTAB recently delivered an order in Emerson Electric v. SIPCO holding that a certificate of correction under 35 U.S.C. § 255 issuing after the PTAB's Final Decision and after the patentee's initial notice of appeal to the Federal Circuit did not apply retroactively. Read more
- Fitch Even Partner Nikki Little Receives 2020 Client Choice AwardFebruary 13, 2020 Read more