RECORDED WEBINAR FROM September 30, 2015
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “Updates on Design Patent Law: The Hague Agreement and U.S. Design Patent Enforcement,” presented by Jon A. Birmingham and Conor S. Hunt. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, September 30, 2015, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
In May 2015, U.S. patent laws were amended to implement provisions of the Geneva Act of the Hague Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs. U.S.-based applicants can now seek design protection in over 60 countries by filing a single international design application.
The first half of our webinar will cover the following:
- An overview of the system under the Hague Agreement
- Filing requirements under this system
- Cost comparison with traditional foreign filing processes
The webinar will continue with a discussion of enforcement of design patents in the U.S., including these topics:
- Recent court decisions involving design patents
- The impact of recent design patent cases on patent prosecution
Our speakers will be Fitch Even attorneys Jon A. Birmingham and Conor S. Hunt. For 15 years, Jon has represented a wide range of clients in intellectual property litigation, opinion matters, and complex patent prosecution matters, including the protection of design patents. Conor focuses his practice on domestic and international patent prosecution involving mechanical and e-commerce technologies, as well as on patent evaluation, portfolio management, product clearance, and legal opinions.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more