Recorded Webinar from March 31, 2016
Pitfalls in Patent Licensing: The Litigator’s PerspectivePlease join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “Pitfalls in Patent Licensing: The Litigator’s Perspective,” presented by Alison Aubry Richards and David A. Gosse. The webinar will take place on Thursday, March 31, 2016, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
Patent licenses must be drafted with attention to both present needs and a variety of future possibilities. In retrospect, many licenses are flawed in predictable ways. This webinar will cover lessons learned from litigation matters involving many different licenses and ways the license language affected the outcomes of these matters.
Our presenters will cover the following topics and more:
- Functional parts of a patent license (e.g., how to define the licensed products and licensed entities)
- Enforceability of the license (e.g., exhaustion)
- Changes in circumstances that affect the scope of the license (e.g., change of control)
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more