Recorded Webinar from April 27, 2017
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “Full Disclosure: Bridging the Information Gap Between Inventors and the Patent System,” on Thursday, April 27, 2017, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
Patents can be extremely valuable business assets, but only as valuable as the information they convey. Before a patent can be monetized, it will be scrutinized by myriad individuals—inventors, attorneys, examiners, judges, juries, and business leaders—each of whom will interpret the patent in the light most favorable to their objective. As a patent filer, it’s vital to ensure your inventors provide clear, detailed, and accurate descriptions of their inventions so they’ll withstand scrutiny and generate the optimal return on investment.
Inventors can provide your business with a true competitive advantage, but because of the technical and legal complexities involved, attempting to capitalize on their innovations can be both expensive and risky. By educating your inventors to recognize patentable innovations, the expense can be reduced and the risk mitigated.
This webinar will provide tips and strategies on how to
- Educate inventors on how to identify viable inventions and distinguish them from unpatentable ideas and concepts
- Ask the right questions to get inventors to divulge the unique details of an invention
- Tell a story that clearly illustrates why a patent is warranted
Our speaker will be Fitch Even partner Michael J. Krautner. Michael has a broad-based intellectual property law practice with over a decade of experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications, managing all stages of IP litigation, and counseling clients on complex IP issues.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more