Recorded Webinar from August 17, 2017
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “Understanding AIA 102: Prior Art Exceptions and Declaration Practice,” on Thursday, August 17, 2017, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
More and more patent applications now being examined and granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office are first-inventor-to-file applications under the America Invents Act (AIA). The AIA redefined which documents and activities constitute prior art that may be used to reject patent applications and invalidate patents.
During this webinar, Fitch Even partner Alan E. Schiavelli will provide attendees with a basic understanding of the statutory framework of 35 U.S.C. § 102, including the categories of prior art defined by the statute, the exceptions to those categories, and the manner in which the exceptions can be invoked. He will also discuss a recent Federal Circuit panel decision some see as undermining Congress’s intent in establishing the AIA’s on-sale bar.
Specific topics will include these and more:
- Changes to prior public use and sale
- Prior art under 102(a)(1) and exceptions
- Prior art under 102(a)(2) and exceptions
- Declaration practice under AIA 102
- Ramifications of Helsinn Healthcare v. Teva Pharmaceuticals
Our speaker Alan E. Schiavelli has 30 years of experience in strategically preparing and prosecuting patent applications for clients in the U.S., Japan, and Europe, as well as providing validity and infringement opinions, trademark availability studies and prosecution, and IP infringement litigation support.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more