RECORDED WEBINAR FROM September 28, 2017
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “Widening Your Moat: Using Continuation Applications to Protect Commercially Successful Products,” on Thursday, September 28, 2017, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12 noon EDT.
Protecting a commercially successful product is critical for any business. Although patents can help to prevent others from utilizing covered technology, recent trends in case law and post-issuance validity challenges introduced by the American Invents Act have made it more difficult for businesses to effectively enforce patents against competitors. Continuation applications can be an important tool for bolstering patent protection for key products, providing the patent owner leverage in negotiations and enforcement.
This webinar will provide tips and strategies on how to use continuation applications to
- Limit design-arounds that use similar technology
- Target commercial products
- Expand the scope of patent protection
- Mitigate invalidity challenges
- Avoid antitrust pitfalls
Jon focuses his IP law practice on patent preparation and prosecution and advises clients working in diverse technologies on issues including freedom-to-operate decisions, product design-arounds, and competitive technology analysis.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more