Webinar from June 29, 2011
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery welcomes you to a complimentary webinar, "Protection by Design: A Comparison of U.S. and European Design Protection," presented by Jon A. Birmingham. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, June 29, 2011, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 pm EDT.
This webinar will delve deeply into concepts relating to protecting designs in the U.S. and Europe from a U.S. perspective and will provide you with the information you need to understand many important differences between obtaining and enforcing U.S. design patents and European Registered Community Designs.
The following topics (and more) will be discussed:
- Determining the scope of a U.S. design patent application
- Filing U.S. design patent applications claiming priority to European Registered Community Designs
- Enforcement of U.S. design patents post-Egyptian Goddess
- Comparison of U.S. design patent application processes with European Registered
- Community Designs processes
- Comparison of U.S. design patent enforcement with European Registered Community Designs enforcement, including differences in available relief
In addition, some simple examples and practice tips will be incorporated into the seminar. The webinar will conclude with a Q&A session with attendees.
Our speaker is Fitch Even partner Jon A. Birmingham. Jon has extensive experience in writing and prosecuting patent applications and enforcing patents for various technologies, including design patents.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more