June 29, 2011
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery welcomes you to a complimentary webinar, "Protection by Design: A Comparison of U.S. and European Design Protection," presented by Jon A. Birmingham. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, June 29, 2011, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 pm EDT.
This webinar will delve deeply into concepts relating to protecting designs in the U.S. and Europe from a U.S. perspective and will provide you with the information you need to understand many important differences between obtaining and enforcing U.S. design patents and European Registered Community Designs.
The following topics (and more) will be discussed:
- Determining the scope of a U.S. design patent application
- Filing U.S. design patent applications claiming priority to European Registered Community Designs
- Enforcement of U.S. design patents post-Egyptian Goddess
- Comparison of U.S. design patent application processes with European Registered
- Community Designs processes
- Comparison of U.S. design patent enforcement with European Registered Community Designs enforcement, including differences in available relief
In addition, some simple examples and practice tips will be incorporated into the seminar. The webinar will conclude with a Q&A session with attendees.
Our speaker is Fitch Even partner Jon A. Birmingham. Jon has extensive experience in writing and prosecuting patent applications and enforcing patents for various technologies, including design patents.
IP Alert | Federal Circuit Issues Significant Decision on Patent MarkingFebruary 21, 2020
The Federal Circuit, in Arctic Cat v. Bombardier Recreational Products, broadens patent marking defense for accused infringers. Read more
IP Alert | Settlement Agreement Held to Moot Pending Case-Dispositive MotionsFebruary 19, 2020
On February 13, in Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC v. Casper Sleep Inc., the Federal Circuit held that a settlement agreement rendered the case moot, even where the agreement required future performance. Read more