Recorded Webinar From March 20, 2019
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “Back on Track?: Obtaining Software Patents Using New Patent Office Guidance,” on Wednesday, March 20, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12 noon EDT.
Obtaining patents for software-related inventions has become more difficult in recent years, in the U.S. and throughout the world. However, recently released USPTO guidance addressing patent eligibility under 35 U.S.C. § 101 and § 112, among other developments, offers some amount of much-needed clarity and direction.
During this webinar, our presenters will share information and insights on the following:
- USPTO’s 2019 Revised Patent Subject Matter Eligibility Guidance
- USPTO’s 2019 Guidance on Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations
- How to use the recent guidance fruitfully, including claim-drafting strategies and evaluation of example claims
- Drafting strategies for filing software patent applications in foreign jurisdictions
- What the future may hold for software patentability
Tim has extensive experience assisting clients in the acquisition, protection, and management of all forms of intellectual property, particularly through complex patent prosecution, infringement and validity opinions, reexamination and IPR proceedings, and patent licensing agreements.
George focuses his IP law practice on domestic and international patent preparation and prosecution, leveraging his background in physics and computer technology to assist clients in a variety of high-tech industries including telecommunications, electronics, and computer hardware, software, and architecture.
IP Alert | Supreme Court Clarifies Issue Preclusion Principles in Nearly 20-Year Trademark DisputeMay 26, 2020
On May 14, in Lucky Brand Dungarees v. Marcel Fashion Group, the Supreme Court held the principles of claim preclusion did not prevent Lucky Brand from asserting defenses that could have been raised in an earlier action. Read more
- Fitch Even Attorney Tom James Profiled in Chicago Lawyer ArticleMay 22, 2020 Read more