We appreciate your interest in working with Fitch Even. We have an immediate need for the staff positions described below. In addition, we are always interested in receiving resumes from interested candidates.
Patent Prosecution Paralegal
We are seeking patent paralegal candidates for our Chicago office. Exemplary job responsibilities include:
- Supporting attorneys’ intellectual property matters, with a focus on patent prosecution
- Monitoring docketing activity for new and existing matters
- Managing client reporting and other communications
- Ensuring all deadlines are timely met
- Preparation of forms and documents for U.S. and international applications
- Coordination of other prosecution formalities
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products
Experience in these additional areas is beneficial, but not required (training will be provided):
- Basic understanding of intellectual property
- Familiarity with USPTO forms and procedures
- Experience with docketing software
Fitch Even provides a competitive compensation and benefits package; starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
At this time, we are all working remotely. We anticipate that interviewing, onboarding, and training will be completed via video conferencing. Upon our offices reopening, we anticipate that remote work opportunities will continue to be offered for those interested, with occasional required in‐office presence. Successful applicants must also be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 (single dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines) by date of hire.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Pezan, Recruiting Coordinator, at email@example.com and indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Fitch Even prefers direct inquiries from candidates.
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity hiring practices. All candidates receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All applications will be treated confidentially.
“The true camaraderie among
the people at Fitch Even
creates a supportive and
I have benefited greatly
from the free exchange of
knowledge and ideas.”