We appreciate your interest in Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP, an equal opportunity employer. We have an ongoing need for highly skilled attorneys and patent agents with patent preparation and prosecution experience in all technological areas and for attorneys with litigation experience in all technological areas.
Specific needs that we currently seek to fill are described below.
- Patent litigation associate with 4 to 7 years of experience who is interested in honing and expanding their skills and practice. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Juris Doctor degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (IL preferred)
- Minimum of four years’ experience practicing, managing, or leading IP litigation matters at a law firm, preferably patent litigation
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Experience planning, drafting, and reviewing pleadings and written discovery
- Familiarity with managing electronic discovery, including managing document collections and vendors, is a plus.
- Experience with depositions, motion practice, and handling oral arguments is a strong plus. Trial experience is particularly beneficial.
- Outstanding academic credentials. A technical degree is preferred but not required, particularly if candidate has significant substantive litigation experience.
- Attorneys with 3 to 5 years of chemical, mechanical, or electrical engineering prosecution experience, including preparation and prosecution of patent applications and opinion work in their respective technological field. Ideal candidates will have experience with the following:
- Inventor interviews
- Prior art and clearance searches
- Drafting applications and responses to office actions
- Examiner interviews
- Pre-appeal reviews
- Appeal briefs
- After final consideration requests
- Post-grant procedures (e.g., inter partes review, reexamination, reissue)
Other tasks associated with patent prosecution and opinion work
For consideration, please submit your resume, writing sample, and law school and undergraduate transcripts to Margaret Anderson, Recruiting Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitch Even prefers direct inquiries from employment candidates.