Fitch Even Webinar: April 23, 2020
Please join Fitch Even for a free webinar, “Linking an Invention to the Evidence: Strategic Considerations from Prosecution to Litigation,” on April 23, 2020, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12 noon EDT.
Evidence that others value an invention can be used by a patent owner for many purposes, including demonstrating that the invention was not obvious, or that infringement has damaged and will continue to damage the patent owner. Yet that evidence may be of little value without the ability to tie it to the specific inventions set forth in the claims of a patent. When there are numerous reasons that customers might purchase or desire a product sold by a patent owner or infringer, establishing a nexus between the claims of the patent and real-world evidence becomes complicated.
During this webinar, our presenters will discuss the following:
- Establishing a nexus between evidence of commercial success of real-world products and the patented invention
- Demonstrating a connection between patented features and lost profits
- Proving there is a causal nexus between irreparable harm and the patented invention that justifies an injunction
- Drafting claims with forethought to future evidentiary requirements
Mark has comprehensive experience in patent preparation, prosecution, and litigation. He also assists clients with product clearance and licensing issues, as well as strategic patent portfolio creation, acquisition, and management.
Evan’s practice encompasses patent preparation and prosecution, IP litigation, patent post-issuance proceedings, and product clearance and legal opinions. He works with clients in fields including biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, and material science.
CLE credit has been approved for California, Illinois, and Nebraska. Other states may also award CLE credit upon attendee request. There is no fee to attend, but please note registration is required. To reserve your place, please REGISTER HERE.
IP Alert | USPTO Extends Certain Patent-Related Deadlines Under the CARES ActApril 1, 2020
Yesterday, the USPTO announced extensions to the time allowed to file certain patent-related documents and to pay certain required fees that would have been due on or after March 27, 2020. Read more
- Linking an Invention to the Evidence: Strategic Considerations from Prosecution to LitigationFitch Even Webinar: April 23, 2020 Read more