Recorded Webinar from October 24, 2013
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “Inter Partes Reviews (IPRs): Lessons from the First Year,” presented by Timothy R. Baumann. The webinar will take place on Thursday, October 24, 2013, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
One of the new procedures instituted by the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is the inter partes review (IPR). The IPR is a recently instituted post-issuance procedure before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board that purposefully introduces litigation-type aspects into a patent office setting. Under the terms of the AIA, a determination of the validity of claims of a patent will be reached within one year after an inter partes review is initiated.
During this webinar, we will discuss these IPR topics and more:
- Background information concerning IPRs
- Estoppel consequences of IPRs
- Limited discovery aspects of IPRs
- Motion practice
- Claim amendments
- Parallel litigation considerations such as stays
Our speaker will be Fitch Even partner Timothy R. Baumann. Tim has extensive experience assisting clients in the acquisition, protection, and management of all forms of intellectual property, particularly through complex patent prosecution and through the preparation of infringement and validity opinions, reexamination proceedings, and patent licensing agreements. Tim’s substantial litigation experience includes motion practice, taking and defending depositions, discovery practice, and trial work. At present, Tim is engaged in an active IPR (one of the very first filed).
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more