Fitch Even Webinar: January 23, 2019
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “Working Smarter with Patent Counsel: Tips for Inventors and In-House Lawyers,” on Wednesday, January 23, 2019, at 9:00 am PST / 10:00 am MST / 11:00 am CST / 12 noon EST.
An efficient, productive first meeting with patent counsel can go a long way toward ensuring the patent application process goes smoothly and successfully. Inventors and corporate counsel alike can benefit from learning key considerations to discuss with their patent attorney initially and at each stage of the process. This webinar will offer guidance on what crucial information should be provided at the onset and what further developments should be shared down the line:
- Pre-Drafting Stage
- Information needed for written description
- Public disclosure (IDS; bar dates)
- Drafting Stage
- Legal requirements of a patent application
- Sections 112, 101, 102, and 103
- Specifications, claims, drawings
- Post-Filing Stage
- Post-filing improvements or prototypes
- Commercialization plans and efforts
- Business Drivers
- Target market analysis
- Marketing advantages of invention features
- Critical timeline markers
Our speaker will be Fitch Even attorney Jennifer V. Suarez. Jennifer focuses her practice on U.S. and international patent preparation and prosecution, assisting clients in the electronics, mechanical, telecommunications, computer technology, and medical arts in the development and protection of their IP rights.
CLE credit has been approved for California and Illinois and is pending in Nebraska. Other states may also award CLE credit upon attendee request. There is no fee to attend, but please note registration is required. To reserve your place, please REGISTER HERE.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more