Recorded Webinar from January 23, 2019
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “Working Smarter with Patent Counsel: Tips for Inventors and In-House Lawyers,” on Wednesday, January 23, 2019, at 9:00 am PST / 10:00 am MST / 11:00 am CST / 12 noon EST.
An efficient, productive first meeting with patent counsel can go a long way toward ensuring the patent application process goes smoothly and successfully. Inventors and corporate counsel alike can benefit from learning key considerations to discuss with their patent attorney initially and at each stage of the process. This webinar will offer guidance on what crucial information should be provided at the onset and what further developments should be shared down the line:
- Pre-Drafting Stage
- Information needed for written description
- Public disclosure (IDS; bar dates)
- Drafting Stage
- Legal requirements of a patent application
- Sections 112, 101, 102, and 103
- Specifications, claims, drawings
- Post-Filing Stage
- Post-filing improvements or prototypes
- Commercialization plans and efforts
- Business Drivers
- Target market analysis
- Marketing advantages of invention features
- Critical timeline markers
Our speaker will be Fitch Even attorney Jennifer V. Suarez. Jennifer focuses her practice on U.S. and international patent preparation and prosecution, assisting clients in the electronics, mechanical, telecommunications, computer technology, and medical arts in the development and protection of their IP rights.
A recording of this webinar is available through January 22, 2020.
IP Alert | Supreme Court to Consider Government Control of Copyright of Legal TextsJune 25, 2019
On June 24, the U.S. Supreme Court granted certiorari in Georgia et al. v. Public.Resource.Org Inc., a case involving public access to the State of Georgia's official statutory code and official annotations. Read more
- Fitch Even Participates in Back 2 School Illinois ProgramJune 24, 2019 Read more