Fitch Even Webinar: August 29, 2019
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery for a free webinar, “How Late Is Too Late? Setting the Timeline for Patent Protection,” on August 29, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12 noon EDT.
Patent considerations do not always align with commercial realities. Although pursuing patent protection as early as possible is generally preferred, at times product development, financial issues, and other factors get in the way. In some circumstances, inventors do not even think about patenting an invention until they are sure that their idea is practical and there is sufficient commercial interest to warrant investing the necessary time and resources into reducing the invention to practice. This webinar will explore considerations affecting the timing of patent filings and what to do if an inventor’s prior actions have potentially put their patent rights in jeopardy.
During this webinar, our presenters will discuss the following:
- Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions regarding statutory bars
- When an invention is “ready for patenting”
- Potential scenarios that could endanger patent rights
- Factors that may weigh for and against patentability once an invention has been disclosed or offered for sale
- Strategies for coordinating patent filings with development efforts
Mark has comprehensive experience in patent preparation, prosecution, and litigation. He also assists clients with product clearance and licensing issues, as well as strategic patent portfolio creation, acquisition, and management.
Vince assists clients with patent preparation and prosecution, product clearance and legal opinions, and IP litigation in areas that include food science, mechanical engineering, electrical and medical devices, and biotechnology.
CLE credit has been approved for California, Illinois, and Nebraska. Other states may also award CLE credit upon attendee request. There is no fee to attend, but please note registration is required. To reserve your place, please REGISTER HERE.
- How Late Is Too Late? Setting the Timeline for Patent ProtectionFitch Even Webinar: August 29, 2019 Read more
- Fitch Even Welcomes Partner Maureen Smith to Chicago OfficeAugust 2, 2019 Read more