Recorded Webinar from March 21, 2013
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, "How to Get the Most Out of Design Patents," presented by Edward E. Clair. The webinar will take place on Thursday, March 21, 2013, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
With the impending dramatic U.S. Patent and Trademark Office fee increases, many consumer product suppliers may opt for pursuing relatively less-expensive design patent protection over utility patents. In view of this, it is more important than ever for suppliers to know how to get the most out of their design patents. To that end, this webinar will cover the following topics and more:
- Creative and innovative strategies for maximizing the strength of a design patent portfolio
- Recent rulings related to design patent law in the U.S. and the strategic import of same
- The impact of the upcoming International Design Application on design patent programs
- Cost and other considerations regarding national vs. community applications
- The relationship of design patents to nontraditional trademarks (e.g., product configuration marks) and the costs, benefits, and risks of each
Our speaker will be Fitch Even partner Edward E. Clair. Ed advises clients on all aspects of domestic and foreign patents, trademarks, copyrights, advertising, trade secrets, and unfair competition, including contracts and other transactional work, prosecution, litigation, and opinion work.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more