Recorded Webinar from March 20, 2014
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “Trade Secret Implications of the America Invents Act: Can the Coca-Cola® Formula Now Be Patented?”, presented by Thomas F. Lebens. The webinar will take place on Thursday, March 20, 2014, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
As we pass the one-year anniversary of full implementation of the America Invents Act (AIA), we mark a year of significant changes to the practice of patent law. However, seldom discussed are the profound effects of the AIA on patent law’s sibling—trade secret law. This presentation will explore the AIA from the perspective of the trade secret owner when contemplating whether to patent an invention or to hold its development as a trade secret.
During the webinar, we will
- recount the pre-AIA relationship between trade secret law and patent law,
- summarize and contrast AIA provisions defining prior art, and
- explore how the decision to patent (or not) made today by the trade secret owner may differ from the pre-AIA decision.
Our speaker will be Fitch Even partner Thomas F. Lebens. Since 1991, Tom has focused his practice on the preparation and prosecution of patent, trademark, and copyright applications, including appeals, post-grant review, and interferences. He also regularly assists clients with sophisticated IP and business strategy, infringement and validity analysis and opinions, licensing issues, and IP portfolio development and management.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more