Recorded Webinar from August 30, 2016
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “European Patent Filing Strategies: Choosing the Appropriate Option,” presented by Rudy I. Kratz and Tony Wray. The webinar will take place on Tuesday, August 30, 2016, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
A number of patent filing strategies are available in Europe. Patent applications may be filed at the European Patent Office (EPO) and at national patent offices such as the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) and the German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA). Utility model applications are another form of intellectual property protection that can be pursued in certain countries. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, and some approaches may be more appropriate in certain circumstances based on cost and other concerns. Recent developments may also have an impact on which filing strategy makes the most sense.
Our webinar will address the following topics:
- Summary of filing considerations at the EPO, UKIPO, and DPMA
- Advantages and disadvantages of specific filing strategies
- Effect of the UK vote to leave the European Union and the status of the Unitary Patent
Our speakers will be Fitch Even partner Rudy I. Kratz and Optimus Patents Ltd. director and founder Tony Wray. Rudy counsels clients seeking patent and design protection inside and outside the U.S., assisting them in developing and implementing international IP protection strategies. He also manages Fitch Even's relationships with an extensive network of leading firms around the globe, working with international agents in all regions of the world. Tony is the founder of Optimus Patents, a law firm providing services on all aspects of patent law from innovation to portfolio management, with offices throughout the South of England. He previously spent 12 years at Motorola as Research Project Manager and as European Patent Portfolio Manager. A Motorola “distinguished inventor,” Tony is a named inventor on 20+ granted patents.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more