Recorded Webinar from October 12, 2016
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a complimentary webinar, “Recent Updates in Design Patent Law,” on Wednesday, October 12, 2016, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
Understanding the latest developments in case law and USPTO examination standards is important to drafting effective design patent applications. This webinar will address numerous current issues in U.S. design patent law. It may be of interest to those who seek to broadly protect products with design patents, as well as those who draft design patent applications, litigate design patents, or prepare freedom-to-operate or patentability analyses for design patent applications.
Our speakers will cover these topics and more:
- Recent court decisions involving design patents
- The role of obviousness in patentability and invalidity determinations
- Current trends in examination by the USPTO
Our speakers will be Fitch Even partners Calista J. Mitchell and Joseph H. Herron. Calista focuses her practice primarily on domestic and global patent prosecution and on freedom-to-operate, patent validity, and patentability opinions. Joe represents clients in complex patent prosecution, patent litigation, post-issuance matters, and opinion work, as well as other IP matters, in the U.S. and abroad.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more