Recorded Webinar from November 15, 2018
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “FRAND Licensing: Recent International Developments,” on Thursday, November 15, 2018, at 9:00 am PST / 10:00 am MST / 11:00 am CST / 12 noon EST.
Understanding the latest developments in FRAND licensing is essential to developing appropriate strategies for licensing standard essential patents (SEPs), both as licensor and licensee.
During this webinar, we will provide an overview of recent developments in FRAND licensing as a process and as a result, including a discussion of the following:
- Guidelines published in Europe, China, and Japan for licensing of SEPs
- Key decisions from the U.S., the UK, and China regarding how to determine FRAND terms and conditions, including
- Unwired Planet v. Huawei (UK)
- TCL v. Ericsson (US)
- Huawei v. Samsung (CN)
In addition, we will address these topics:
- Who holds the FRAND burden of proof
- What it means to be a willing licensee
- Jurisdiction for deciding FRAND disputes
- The appropriateness of confidentiality agreements
Our speaker will be Fitch Even senior licensing specialist and patent analyst Curtis S. Dodd. With 20 years of industry experience, Curt is a veteran of patent valuation, monetization, enforcement, and portfolio management in the telecommunications and consumer electronics spaces.
IP Alert | PTAB's Authority to Assert New Grounds Against Amended Claims ConstrainedJuly 10, 2020
On July 6, in Hunting Titan, Inc. v. Dynaenergetics Europe GmbH, the PTAB's Precedential Opinion Panel held that only under rare circumstances may the PTAB raise a ground of unpatentability that a petitioner does not raise or sufficiently develop against a claim proposed in a motion to amend. Read more
- Fitch Even Attorney Vince Meyer Appointed to University of Illinois College of Law Alumni BoardJuly 10, 2020 Read more