July 19, 2011
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery welcomes you to a complimentary webinar, "Intellectual Property Concerns and Best Practices for Clients Having Products Manufactured in Asia," presented by Edward E. Clair. The webinar will take place on Tuesday, July 19, 2011, at 9:00 am PDT/10:00 am MDT/11:00 am CDT/12:00 pm EDT.
The webinar will explore intellectual property concerns that domestic clients often face when having products designed, developed, and/or manufactured in Asia and will provide you with practice tips for protecting intellectual property and for addressing concerns that can arise when manufacturing products in Asia.
The following topics (and more) will be discussed:
- U.S. laws and regulations regarding the exportation of ideas, products, and processes to foreign countries (even when these items are intended for importation back into the U.S.)
- How best to protect intellectual property before exporting anything to Asia
- How best to address concerns that often arise after exporting items to Asia, but before the client has pursued IP protection for same
A number of possible scenarios involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, and U.S. Customs will be presented as examples. The seminar will conclude with a Q&A session with attendees.
Our speaker is Fitch Even partner Edward E. Clair, who has extensive experience in protecting clients' intellectual property both domestically and abroad, in particular for entities who manufacture products in Asia and require assistance with both procurement and enforcement of such intellectual property globally.
- Ensuring Copyright Protection in a Changing Legal LandscapeFitch Even Webinar: May 2, 2019 Read more
- Fitch Even Welcomes Attorney Brett Smith to Chicago OfficeApril 16, 2019 Read more