RECORDED WEBINAR FROM May 2, 2019
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “Ensuring Copyright Protection in a Changing Legal Landscape,” on Thursday, May 2, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12 noon EDT.
The recent Supreme Court decision in Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp. v. Wall-Street.com, LLC, established that a copyright owner may not file an infringement suit until the U.S. Copyright Office has acted on the copyright owner’s application to register its copyright in the work. Moving quickly to register copyrights is now an important step in safeguarding your rights.
During this webinar, our presenters will share insights on the following:
- The practical effects of the Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp. v. Wall-Street.com decision and other benefits of early registration
- Strategies for protecting copyright rights in work product produced by employees
- Strategies for obtaining and maintaining necessary permissions to use third-party materials in advertisements and promotions
- Recent updates enacted by Congress to benefit music publishers through the Music Modernization Act
Alisa has extensive experience in U.S. and foreign trademark prosecution, trademark litigation, and brand selection. She also provides counsel on copyright registration and enforcement, advertising review, and sweepstakes and promotions.
Kerianne focuses her practice on domestic and foreign trademark prosecution, clearance, enforcement, and brand protection. She counsels clients in industry sectors including consumer products, household appliances, retail, and educational services.
IP Alert | Sun Sets on the Covered Business Method ReviewSeptember 16, 2020
Today is the last day to file a petition for CBM review at the USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Read more
- Latest Developments in the Patentability of AI- and Software-Based InventionsFitch Even Webinar: September 24, 2020 Read more