Fitch Even Webinar: May 2, 2019
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “Ensuring Copyright Protection in a Changing Legal Landscape,” on Thursday, May 2, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12 noon EDT.
The recent Supreme Court decision in Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp. v. Wall-Street.com, LLC, established that a copyright owner may not file an infringement suit until the U.S. Copyright Office has acted on the copyright owner’s application to register its copyright in the work. Moving quickly to register copyrights is now an important step in safeguarding your rights.
During this webinar, our presenters will share insights on the following:
- The practical effects of the Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp. v. Wall-Street.com decision and other benefits of early registration
- Strategies for protecting copyright rights in work product produced by employees
- Strategies for obtaining and maintaining necessary permissions to use third-party materials in advertisements and promotions
- Recent updates enacted by Congress to benefit music publishers through the Music Modernization Act
Alisa has extensive experience in U.S. and foreign trademark prosecution, trademark litigation, and brand selection. She also provides counsel on copyright registration and enforcement, advertising review, and sweepstakes and promotions.
Kerianne focuses her practice on domestic and foreign trademark prosecution, clearance, enforcement, and brand protection. She counsels clients in industry sectors including consumer products, household appliances, retail, and educational services.
A recording of this webinar is available through May 1, 2020.
IP Alert | Supreme Court to Consider Government Control of Copyright of Legal TextsJune 25, 2019
On June 24, the U.S. Supreme Court granted certiorari in Georgia et al. v. Public.Resource.Org Inc., a case involving public access to the State of Georgia's official statutory code and official annotations. Read more
- Fitch Even Participates in Back 2 School Illinois ProgramJune 24, 2019 Read more