Recorded Webinar from September 21, 2011
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery welcomes you to a complimentary webinar, "Matching Patent Prosecution to Your Business Goals," presented by Nicholas T. Peters. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, September 21, 2011, at 9:00 am PDT / 10:00 am MDT / 11:00 am CDT / 12:00 noon EDT.
During this webinar, attendees will learn valuable lessons on how to navigate the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and how the process of obtaining a patent can be strategically tailored to an applicant's specific business objectives.
The presentation will cover these topics and more:
- How patent application drafting need not be "one size fits all" with respect to breadth, cost, and strategy
- How USPTO procedures and rules affect patent prosecution speed and results
- How different approaches to patent filing and prosecution strategies can be matched to a given business goal
- A look ahead at proposed USPTO programs that may further an applicant’s ability to advance a particular business goal
In addition, attendees will hear about approaches to foreign patent filing, in connection with the above topics. The webinar will conclude with an interactive Q&A session.
Our speaker is Fitch Even partner Nicholas T. Peters. Mr. Peters has a wide-ranging intellectual property litigation practice, with a specialty in USPTO matters. He uses his litigation and USPTO experience combined with his technical background in physics, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering to assist his clients in securing and protecting their intellectual property assets.
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Latest Guidance for Evaluating Subject Matter Eligibility Under 35 U.S.C. § 101January 11, 2019 Read more
- IP Alert | USPTO Releases Guidance for Examining Computer-Implemented Functional Claim Limitations for Compliance with 35 U.S.C. § 112January 11, 2019 Read more